If you are interested in this job please complete the form to the right, or CLICK HERE to complete the short form.
Looking for a more predictable routine and the enjoyment of ongoing customer relationships? Consider a dedicated route as a Smith truck driver. We have a variety of opportunities to suit your career needs:
- Walmart pays .65 + $15.00 per stop other than the first and last and if they work Sat and Sun, it is .70 CPM hauls out of Bedford to PA, MD, and Western & Upstate NY and there is work 7 days a week if desired.
- 5 days on… 2 days off 5 days on… 3 days off
- Slip Seating
- PA, MD, VA, AND NY.
REQUIREMENTS AND STIPULATIONS
- 21 Years of Age
- Class A CDL
- Have at least 1 – Year Recent CDL A OTR Experience
- Work Type: Full Time
- In order to receive .70, you must run Saturday and Sunday.
- Paid Orientation $1000.00 (+Paid Travel, Hotel, and Meals)•
- Recruiting Bonus – Bring a Buddy to Orientation and receive a $2000.00 Referral Bonus
- Peterbilt, Freightliners, and Internationals ALL 2017 AND NEWER
- Which includes APU (for idle air condition and heating).
- An inverter
- Rider Program
- Direct Deposit
- Detention Pay
- New Vacation Package
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan – VESTED AFTER 6 YEARS
- 401K, Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Life Insurance
QUALIFICATIONS / DISQUALIFICATIONS
- Must have 1 year of experience
- Must have at least twelve (12) months of commercial driving experience in the past thirty-six (36) months in a comparable class of vehicle.
- The driver’s employment history will be reviewed by Safety Management.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD
- No more than one moving violation in the past twelve months from date of occurrence.
- No more than three moving violations in the past thirty-six (36) months from date of occurrence.
- In the past thirty-six (36) months, cannot have a citation/conviction for
- Operating a motor vehicle without permission of the owner.
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer.
- Speed exhibition or drag racing.
- No more than one serious CDL violation as defined by FMCSR 383.51.
PSP Will be reviewed by Safety Management.
- More than 3 preventable Non-DOT accidents in the past eighteen (18) months must be approved by the Safety Management.
- No preventable / at fault DOT Recordable accidents, as defined by FMCSR 390.5, in the previous twelve (12) months.
- No more than one (1) preventable / at fault DOT Recordable accidents, as defined by FMCSR 390.5, in the previous thirty-six (36) months.
Suspension / Revocations
- No license suspension in the past thirty-six (36) months. Not to include suspensions for non-safety-related violations.
- No convictions in the past thirty-six (36) months of driving with a suspended or revoked license for a safety-related violation.
- Suspension or revocations prior to a driver obtaining a CDL may be considered at the discretion of Safety Management.
- Reckless / Careless Driving
- No convictions in the past five (5) years in a personal vehicle.
- No convictions ever in a commercial vehicle.
- Careless driving lower degree must be approved by Safety Management.
- Driving under the influence of related offenses.
- No convictions in the past five (5) years and only one (1) conviction in the past ten (10) years in a personal vehicle, never in a commercial vehicle.
- No more than two (2) convictions ever.
- Misdemeanor drug and alcohol convictions not related to the operation of a motor vehicle may be considered at the discretion of Safety Management.
- No convictions in the past five (5) years for possession, sale, or transfer of narcotic drugs, amphetamines, or derivatives. No more than one (1) conviction ever.
- All misdemeanor and felony convictions for crimes must be approved by Safety Management.
- No pending criminal charges
- No termination from the last employer unless approved by Safety Management.
- No termination for Unsatisfactory Safety in the last three (3) years.
- Gaps in employment – Gaps of over thirty (30) days need to be approved by Safety Management.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen.
- Must pass a road test.
- Must be capable of performing all essential job functions including, bending down, heavy lifting, and sitting for an extended period of time.
(This list is not all-inclusive, criminal reports will be reviewed by Safety Management)
- Failing or refusing a DOT drug or alcohol test.
- NO DWI/DUI while operating CMV
- Preventable fatality accident in the last 5 years
- Possession of controlled substance last 5 years
- Preventable rollover in the last 5 years
- Preventable Rear end in the last 5 years
- Preventable Head-on collision in the last 5 years